Veggie-licious Bulgar Wheat Salad
serves 6 / 2 WW pts
Here’s what I used:
- 1 cup bulgar wheat
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 small can chickpeas, rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup roughly chopped arugula
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp olive oil
Here’s what I did:
- Cook bulgar according to package directions (bring to a boil in 2 cups water, simmer for 12-15 minutes, the end).
- Meanwhile, heat up the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion, bell pepper, zucchini, season with S&P, and cook for about 5-7 minutes until tender. In the last minute, add the garlic and chopped arugula until it’s wilted.
- Add the chicken broth, dijon mustard, and lemon juice and bring to a little bubble.
- Add the cooked bulgar, chickpeas, and parsley and stir it all together. Stick your face in it while it’s warm or cold — I plan on eating leftovers cold for lunch topped with chicken and chopped raw cucumber. Yum!