Warm Potato, Green Bean, and Egg Salad
serves 4 /
Recipe by Just the Tip / Inspired by BBC Good Food
Here’s what I used:
- 1 lb baby red potatoes, scrubbed clean, halved (leave the babies whole)
- 2 cups frozen green beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10-15 grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- few leaves of basil, sliced
- salt, pepper
- 4 eggs
Here’s what I did:
- Fill a big pot of water with water. Add the potatoes to the water and bring to a boil. [Once boiling, total cooking time depends on how small you cut your potatoes. Mine only took about 10 minutes total to cook.]
- Halfway through the cooking time for the potatoes, add the green beans. [Green beans should only cook for about 5-7 minutes].
- While the green beans are cooking, heat up the olive oil in a separate saute pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for a minute or two. Add the tomatoes and saute together for another minute or so.
- Remove the potatoes and beans from the water (don’t dump the water – save it for boiling the eggs). While the potatoes are still hot, gently stir in the oil/tomato/garlic mixture and season it all with salt and pepper. Sprinkle in the basil.
- Bring the water up to a boil and gently add the eggs to the water. Boil for 5-6 minutes for a soft egg. Fill a small bowl with water and a few ice cubes and add the cooked eggs to the ice water when they’re done. Peel and cut in half to garnish the salad. Stick your face in it.