I was organizing my recipes this weekend and came across this one. This chicken is so good and perfect for a quick weeknight meal.
Lemon Poppy Chicken with Cheesy Peasy Rice
serves 2 / adapted from rachael ray show
Here’s what I used:
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite sized chunks
- flour (maybe half a cup)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- zest from 1 lemon
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
Here’s what I did:
- Heat a couple of tsp of olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. While the skillet is heating up, place the flour in a shallow dish or plate. Toss the chicken in the flour to coat, shaking off any excess, and add to the hot pan. Season the chicken liberally with salt, pepper and the lemon zest, and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring every now and then to get them brown all over. Add the garlic in the last two minutes of cooking.
- Serve with easy cheesy peasy rice (brown rice cooked to box directions, with a handful of peas and cheddar cheese thrown in the last few minutes).