Sweet Potato Skins
Makes 6 skins
Recipe by Just the Tip / Inspired by How Sweet It Is
Here’s what I used:
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- olive oil
- 6 tbsp 50% shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 slices of bacon, crumbled
- thinly sliced scallion, for garnish
Here’s what I did:
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cut sweet potatoes in half lengthwise, place on a baking sheet, and bake cut side up for 50-60 minutes. Remove from oven, and once cool enough to handle, scoop out sweet potato flesh, and save it for another use (ahem, mashed sweet potatoes the next night!)
- Flip the skins over so the skin side is now up. Brush with a little olive oil, sprinkle with salt, then bake for 10 minutes. Flip, brush insides with olive oil, and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Remove skins, sprinkle with cheese and bacon, and bake for another 2-3 minutes until the cheese is melted. Remove and top with green onions and a little sour cream or greek yogurt.