After a weekend of lingering holiday gluttony, it’s time to get back on track. I lightened up this recipe by using Brummel & Brown yogurt spread instead of butter — yummy! The olives were so good with the fish — I will use more next time for sure.
Fish with Tomato Butter, Shallots, and Olives
Recipe by Just the Tip / Inspired by ShowFood Chef
Here’s what I used:
- 4 pieces of tilapia
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 4 kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- half a lemon, sliced
- salt, pepper
- olive oil
- 2 tbsp plain brummel & brown
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
Here’s what I did:
- Preheat the oven to 350. Over the bottom of a large baking dish, sprinkle some shallots, olives, salt, pepper, and a little olive oil.
- Add the fish and season with salt, pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil. Top each piece of fish with a slice of lemon.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, mix together the brummel & brown (or butter) with the tomato paste and set aside. After 20 minutes, take the fish out of the oven and brush with the tomato mixture. Bake for another 7-8 minutes and serve.