Mixed Greens with Grilled Salmon, Avocado, Egg
Serves 2 with leftovers
Recipe by Just the Tip / Inspired by Fresh Tart
Here’s what I used:
for the dressing:
1 small garlic clove, grated
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 tbsp minced fresh dill
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp capers, drained
1/4 tsp. salt
freshly ground black pepper
for the salad:
1/2 lb salmon
2 large eggs
3/4 lb baby potatoes, quartered
1 6 oz bag mixed greens (I used a baby spinach and spring mix combo)
1/2 c. quartered cherry tomatoes
1 large shallot, peeled & thinly sliced
1/2 avocado, pitted and sliced into 1/2-inch slices
Here’s what I did:
- Fill a large pot of water with water. Add 2 tsp of salt, the eggs, and the quartered potatoes to the water and heat over high heat. Once it starts boiling, set the timer for 8 minutes, and turn the heat down to medium.
- Meanwhile whisk the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- After 8 minutes, remove the eggs to a small bowl with cool water. Test the potatoes with a fork. They will most likely need a couple more minutes after the eggs are removed. Once fork tender, remove to a plate to cool a little bit.
- Pre-heat your grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush the salmon with a tsp of oil on each side and season with salt and pepper. Once the pan is hot, grill the salmon for 2-4 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of your salmon. Once the salmon is 90% cooked, remove to a plate while you assemble the salad.
- Spread greens over a large platter. Lay the potatoes, tomatoes, shallots, and avocado over the greens. Peel and quarter the eggs and arrange over the greens, and then break apart the salmon into 2-inch pieces and arrange over top. Spoon over the dressing and serve.