Salmon with Creamy Pesto Sauce
Inspired by Our Life in Food
Here’s what I used:
- 4 salmon fillets
- Extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free half and half (or milk)
- 3 tablespoons pesto (basil pesto from TJ’s)
- 1/4 lemon
Here’s what I did:
- Heat a grill pan or a saute pan over medium high heat. Brush the fish with olive oil and season with salt and pepper on both sides. Cook for 4-5 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, melt together the cream cheese and half and half in a small sauce pan, whisking until smooth. Stir in the pesto and remove from heat.
- Squirt the salmon with a little lemon juice and serve with the pesto sauce.