These mini quiches are not only adorable, but are a perfect idea for breakfast as it allows you to squeak some veg in the morning hours, which I’m always trying to do.
Broccoli & Cheddar Crustless Mini Quiches
Just the Tip / Inspired by Cooking with My Kid
Here’s what I used:
- 2 whole eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup fat-free half and half (or skim milk)
- 1/3 cup 50% shredded cheddar
- 2 tbsp RF sharp yellow cheddar
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets, cut into small pieces
- fresh pepper & sea salt
Here’s what I did:
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil, and blanch the broccoli in boiling water, drain, and cool.
- Whisk together the eggs, whites, and half and half together in a large bowl. Stir in the 50% cheese, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Spray a couple of ramekins with nonstick cooking spray, and divide the egg mixture among the 2 ramekins.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then sprinkle with sharp yellow cheddar…
- And bake for another 15 minutes or until they begin to brown.