OK, truth time: This cookie has beans in it. But, I promise you, no one will ever know. I fed it to unknowing 11 and 14 year olds and they were none the wiser. Fun! Despite being ‘healthy’, this is seriously gooey and delicious. No joke — my favorite new chocolate fix.
Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
Just the Tip / Inspired by Chocolate Covered Katie
Here’s what I used:
- 250 grams (about 1 can) drained and rinsed canned cannelini beans
- 250 grams (about 1 can) drained and rinsed canned garbanzo beans (or any combination of white beans equaling 500 grams)
- 1 cup oats
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups packedbrown sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Here’s what I did:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine everything (except for choc. chips) in a food processor until everything is very well combined. Pour into a bowl, stir in the chocolate chips, and transfer to a 8 or 10″ springform pan (8″ will give you a deeper-dish pie, but will take a few extra minutes of cooking).
- Cook for 35 minutes if using a 10″ pan, about 40 minutes if using an 8″. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.