Who doesn’t enjoy a mini pie? I whipped these up in about 20 minutes for a party and they were yummy! I of course used store bought crust because, let’s face it, I avoid baking at all costs and I certainly don’t do crust. As far as apple pie goes, this is a pretty standard variety — which was exactly what I was craving.
Mini Apple Pies
Makes 12 mini pies
Just the Tip / Recipe from Little Bit Funky
What I used:
- 4 cups apples (about 4 apples), peeled, cored, and cubed into 1/2″ pieces
- 6 tbsp flour (I used white whole wheat since that’s all I keep in the house)
- 3/4 cup raw cane sugar
- 2 heaping tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2-3 pillsbury pie crusts (I used 3 which made the crusts easier to to cut out, but it could also be done with 2 in a pinch)
- 2 tbsp chilled butter cut into 12 equal pieces
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
What I did:
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a large bowl, toss the apples with the sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and flour.
- Using a 3.5-4″ biscuit cutter (or a large-ish lid of some sort), cut out 12 circles from your pie crust. Arrange the circles in the cups of a muffin tin. Reserve the scraps.
- Spoon the apple mixture into the muffin tins until slightly mounded. Add a piece of butter on top of each pie, and then top with the reserved scraps of dough and seal the pies as well as you can.
- Brush with the melted butter and bake for about 20 minutes until lightly golden. Let cool and remove from the tins.