Orange-Chipotle Black Beans
Serves 4 / 4 ww pts+ (about 1/2 cup per serving)
Just the Tip / Inspired by WW
What I used:
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 tsp minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 15-oz cans of black beans, drained and rinsed
- juice and zest of two oranges
- 1-2 tbsp cointreau (a splash) – optional
- 2 tbsp minced fresh cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
- salt, pepper
What I did:
- Heat oil in a medium nonstick saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, season with a pinch of salt, and cook for 6-7 minutes until the onion is soft.
- Add the chipotles, cumin, black beans, orange juice and zest, and cointreau. Mash the beans slightly with a masher or a fork. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. If it gets too dry, add a little water or broth.
- Just before serving, stir in cilantro and lime juice; season to taste with salt and pepper.