First, you season some cubed chicken with whatever seasonings you like (here I used salt and pepper (always), poultry seasoning, and herbes de provence, but that could easily be swapped for italian seasoning or ground thyme or grill seasoning, etc.). Brown the chicken, then dump in the vegetables. Sprinkle on some flour, then some broth and cream to make a little gravy.
Bake ‘em up.
Chicken Pot Pie Biscuits
Makes 6 jumbo muffins
Just the Tip / Inspired by Bev Cooks
What I used:
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 large chicken breast (or 2 smaller ones), cut into a small dice
- salt, pepper, herbes de provence, poultry seasoning
- 1 bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 tbsp white whole wheat flour (any flour will do!)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup fat-free half and half (any milk-like substance will do!)
- 9 “big” biscuits (Pillsbury) (1 1/2 biscuits for each muffin)
- Nonstick cooking spray
What I did:
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken on both sides with a little salt, pepper, herbes de provence, and poultry seasoning.
- Melt the butter in the skillet and add the chicken. Saute until browned and cooked through, 5-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spray a jumbo muffin tin with cooking spray. Mush 1.5 biscuits together and stretch them out to fit the jumbo muffin tin. If you’re using a regular muffin tin, you can get away with one stretched out biscuit.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, add in the bag of frozen veg. Sprinkle on the flour over top and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring. Pour in the chicken broth and half and half, season with salt and pepper, and let thicken until it coats the back of a spoon. Spoon the chicken mixture into each biscuit cup and bake for 15 minutes.