Gruyere Turkey Burgers with Sage Mayo and Apple Hash
serves 4 / adapted from this recipe / 7 WW pts
Here’s what I used:
- 4 tbsp low-fat mayo
- 1 tbsp stone ground mustard
- 4-5 sage leaves, minced
- 1 1/4 lb ground turkey breast
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- lots of S&P
- olive oil
- 4 oz gruyere cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 multi-grain rolls
Apple & Onion Hash:
- olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium apple, thinly sliced (I used Macoun because I picked 9,000 of them)
Here’s what I did:
- In a small bowl, stir all ingredients for sage mayo; store in fridge ’til ready for it.
- Place turkey in a large bowl. Season generously with S&P. Mix in Dijon.
- Score meat into 4 equal sections and form burgers.
- Heat up 2 tsp olive oil in a grill pan or large skillet. Add burgers and cook 4-5 minutes on each side until brown and cooked through.
- Heat 2 tsp in oil in another skillet. Add onions, season with S&P, and saute for 4-5 minutes. Add apples and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Taste for seasoning.
- When burgers are almost done, top each with 1 ounce of cheese and cover with a foil tent.
- To assemble burgers, spread sage mayo on the inside of a roll. Place burger on the bottom half of the roll, and top with the onion-apple mixture. Stick your face in it.