I’ve made this pizza a bunch of times but usually use a store bought boboli type of crust. This is my first time making my own dough (rolling pins scare me), but it was actually easy! I will continue experimenting with different herbs to add to it, etc. Maybe now I can justify that pizza stone I’ve been wanting to buy 🙂
Here’s what I used:
For the dough:
- 1 packet active yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 1/2 cups AP flour
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- cornmeal for dusting
For the pizza:
- olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup RF mozza cheese
- 1 lb shrimp, deveined, tails removed
- a few leaves of fresh basil, sliced
- grape tomatoes, halved
- red pepper flakes
Here’s what I did:
- Preheat oven to 400F. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in the warm water.
- Add the flour, salt, honey and olive oil and stir to combine using first a wooden spoon then your hands.
- Let dough rest for 10 minutes.
- While the dough is resting, infuse some olive oil with garlic. To do this, heat up olive oil, garlic, and a pinch of red pepper flakes on LOW heat until the garlic is faintly brown and fragrant. This will take about 10 minutes. Make sure not to burn the garlic.
- Sprinkle baking sheet with cornmeal and press dough into it to your desired thickness.
- Brush garlic oil onto the dough. Top with a smattering of the shrimp, tomatoes, S&P, and cheese. Bake for about 25 minutes. Top with basil and stick your face in it.