Lisa’s Asparagus and Blue Cheese Bites
Here’s what I used:
- spreadable blue cheese (buy in tubs near the shredded cheeses)
- 1 package pepperidge farms white sandwich bread
- 1 can asparagus spears, drained and dried off
- 1 tablespoon melter butter
Here’s what I did:
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Remove the crusts from the bread. Take a rolling pin (or the can of asparagus) and roll out slices of bread slightly.
- Spread a thick layer of blue cheese on each slice of bread. Place 1 asparagus spear at the edge of each slice and roll it up. Place on a baking tray seam side down. Make as many rollups as your asparagus and bread supply allow for.
- Take a pastry brush and brush each rollup with a little melted butter.
- Place in oven for 25-30 minutes until golden brown. Cut rollups into little bitesize pieces and stick your face in them. Yummy!