Veggie-licious Bulgar Wheat Salad
Here’s what I used:
- 1 cup bulgar wheat
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 small can chickpeas, rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup roughly chopped arugula
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
Here’s what I did:
- Whisk together 1 tbsp olive oil with the dijon (use more to taste) and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Cook bulgar according to package directions (I just brought 2 cups of water up to a boil and simmer the bulgur for 12-15 minutes or so).
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining tbsp of olive oil in a large saute pan. Add the onion, bell pepper, zucchini, season with S&P, and cook for about 5-7 minutes until tender. In the couple of minutes, add the garlic and chopped arugula until it’s wilted.
- Add the cooked bulgar, chickpeas, and parsley to the saute pan with the veggies and stir it all together. Pour your dressing over top and let it soak up the flavors of the dressing. Add the parsley and adjust seasonings to taste. Serve warm or cold.