I am a sucker for avocado, which I admit, is pretty much the only reason I wanted to make this. I’ve tried chicken chili before and haven’t been wowed – but this was delicious and had the perfect heat level.
White Chicken Chili
serves 4 / adapted from this recipe / 8 ww pts without garnishes
Here’s what I used:
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast, cubed (I used a rotisserie chicken)
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeds and ribs removed, sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 (7-oz) can of chopped green chilies
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 (14-oz) cans of great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp corn meal
- 1/2 cup skim milk
Here’s what I did:
- Heat the oil in a big soup pot. Add the onion and bell pepper, season with S&P, and saute until tender, about 5-8 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cumin and saute for about a minute.
- Add the green chilies, jalapenos, chicken, beans, chicken stock, oregano. Season to taste with S&P.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Mix the corn meal into the milk and then stir it into the chili and simmer for another 10 minutes. I garnished it with a little 0% plain greek yogurt, diced red onion, cilantro & sliced avocado. Mmmm, stick your face in it.