This is a controversial chicken dish. I kind of thought it sucked, but my loyal guinea pigs, Brian and Trish, both loved it. “Really good flavor”, Trish said. Well, here’s the recipe anyway… If anyone makes it, let me know what you think! 🙂
The Chicken That Everybody Loved But Me / AKA “Bistro Chicken”
serves 3 / adapted from this recipe / 6 ww pts
Here’s what I used:
- 3 organic chicken breasts, boneless/skinless
- 1 can campbell’s french onion soup
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3 slices swiss cheese (do yourself a favor and don’t use low-fat)
- italian seasoning (few sprinkles)
- 2 tsp olive oil
Here’s what I did:
- Preheat oven to 350. Heat up olive oil in a large oven-safe pan (love my cast-iron!). Season chicken with S&P on both sides and brown – really brown it! Takes about 5 minutes on both sides if you don’t move it around and just let it do it’s damn thing.
- After the chicken is browned on both sides (but not cooked through yet), remove it and set it aside under foil. Add onion to the pan and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and french onion soup. Season with S, P, and italian seasoning and simmer to reduce liquid, about 5 minutes. Add chicken back in the pan. Top each chicken breast with a piece of swiss cheese and bake for 15-20 mins until cooked through.