Chicken Cordon Bleu
serves 4 / adapted from this recipe
Here’s what I used:
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 servings 98% fat free ham
- 4 wedges laughing cow swiss cheese wedges
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- few sprinkles garlic powder
Here’s what I did:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet until about 1/2 inch thick. Season both sides with S&P. Place 1 serving of ham (usually about 3 slices) on each chicken breast and top with a wedge of cheese. It will look like this: About as cute as a raw chicken breast can look, I suppose.
- Roll up the chicken breasts as best as you can and secure it with a couple of toothpicks.
- Put the egg whites and breadcrumbs in separate shallow dishes. Season the breadcrumbs with salt and garlic powder. Dip each rolled chicken breast first in the egg whites and then in the breadcrumbs.
- Place on a baking dish that’s been sprayed with cooking spray and bake for 25-30 minutes until cooked through. Let rest for 5 minutes, remove toothpicks, and stick your face in it!