Coconut Pecan Banana Coffee Cake
serves 12 / adapted from this recipe / 4 ww pts
Here’s what I used:
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons pecan pieces, toasted
- 2 tablespoons sweetened coconut flakes, toasted
Here’s what I did:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a 9-inch round pie plate with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Combine banana, sugar, vegetable oil, vanilla, nutmeg, and egg in a bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed for 1 minute or until well blended.
- Add flour mixture to banana mixture, and beat until blended. Pour batter into pie plate
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- While cooling, make the glaze topping. Combine brown sugar, water, and butter in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook about 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in toasted nuts and coconut. Spread over cake and stick your face in it.