I’ve made this twice now, once for dinner, once for breakfast. It is AMAZING. Seriously, if I had a restaurant, this would surely be on the menu. Eat this.
Baked Eggs with Chorizo
serves 2 / adapted from this recipe
Here’s what I used:
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 links chorizo, about 4 oz
- 1/2 tsp smoked sweet paprika, or more to taste
- 4 organic eggs
- 1/4 cup manchego cheese, shredded
- sliced chives for garnish (optional)
Here’s what I did:
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, season with S&P, and cook gently for about 8 minutes. Add garlic and saute another 2 minutes or so.
- Meanwhile, remove as much casing as possible from the chorizo and dice it up. Add chorizo and paprika and saute with the garlic and onion for a couple minutes.
- Add tomatoes, season with salt, and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Spray individual 6-inch baking dishes with cooking spray.
- Fill the baking dishes about half way with the tomato sauce. Crack the eggs one by one in a small bowl. Gently slide 2 eggs into each baking dish from the small bowl. Season eggs with S&P and sprinkle with a little cheese.
- Place the baking dishes on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for about 8-10 minutes or until the egg whites are set (don’t overcook the yolks!). Serve with buttered toast.