I feel like pork chops/cutlets will be a new go-to for me. I’m getting pretty darn sick of chicken. These were super easy and actually really good — especially since I’m not a big fan of the pork chop in general. This method is also really good with veal, if you’re into that kind of thing.
serves 4 / 5 ww pts
Here’s what I used:
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 2 slices whole wheat bread (I like Fiber One) [or, if you don’t care about ww, use just a cup of regular store-bought breadcrumbs]
- 1/4 cup parmigianno reggiano
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 c flour
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 garlic clove
- lemon juice
Here’s what I did:
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Bread + food processor = breadcrumbs
- Cover each pork chop with some saran wrap and pound with a meat mallet or heavy pan until about 1/4 inch thick.
- Set up your breading station: Get three shallow dishes in a row. Put the flour in the first dish, beaten egg whites in the middle dish, and breadcrumbs in the last dish.
- Add the cheese, minced or grated garlic, and italian seasoning to the breadcrumbs. S&P everything as you see fit, but DEF season the chops themselves.
- Coat each side of the chops in flour, shake off any extra, then egg, then breadcrumb. Put on a baking sheet, spray with olive oil, and bake for 20 minutes. Squeeze a little lemon on them and viola! Tasty chops.