If you haven’t noticed by now, eggs are probably my favorite food. I love finding new ways to make them into a proper meal. This recipe is super adaptable – use any herbs or cheese you want on top. In order for the eggs not to get rubbery in the oven, you have to protect them with some good ol’ fat on top. Choose your poison – I used a couple teaspoons of this tarragon butter I made with a bunch of extra tarragon I had laying around and then froze, but cheese would be fab too.
Eggs in Prosciutto Cups
serves 2 / adapted from Dragon’s Kitchen / 8 ww pts
Here’s what I used:
- 4 thin slices prosciutto (the kind I buy at TJ’s is pre-packaged and 1 pt per slice)
- 4 eggs
- a few shavings of frozen tarragon butter (i used a vegetable peeler to shave it)
- non-stick spray
Here’s what I did:
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- Curl a piece of prosciutto into lil’ cups. Crack each egg into a small bowl one at a time and slide into the prosciutto cups.
- Season with S&P and place the tarragon butter shavings on top of the eggs.
- Bake for 15 minutes or so until the egg whites are set.