Basil Pesto Red Bliss Mashed Potatoes
serves 4 / 3 ww pts
Here’s what I used:
- 1 1/4 pounds baby red potatoes
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp store-bought pesto (I bought Classico)
- 4-5 leaves of fresh basil, sliced thin
Here’s what I did:
- Cut potatoes into similar sizes (leave the really small ones whole) and put in a large pot of cold water. Cover the pot, put over high heat, and bring to a boil. Boil for 12 minutes or so until the potatoes are fork tender (not knife, fork).
- Drain and mash with the chicken stock and pesto. Toss in the fresh basil and season with S&P to taste.