People seem to be intimidated by cooking fish. It is truly one of the simplest, fastest, healthiest meals around — so much easier, in my opinion, than chicken or other meats. This was yummy – go easy on the salt when seasoning the fish because the prosciutto packs a salty little porky bite. I served this with green beans dressed with italian salad dressing and basil pesto red bliss mashed potatoes.
Prosciutto Wrapped Cod
serves 4 / 5 ww pts
Here’s what I used:
- 4 4-oz fillets of cod (4-6oz is the portion size you want to aim for)
- 4-8 slices of prosciutto, depending on the length of the fish fillets
- olive oil spray
Here’s what I did:
- Season fish with S&P on both sides.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, wrap the fish in a slice or two of prosciutto. Cook for 4 or so minutes on both sides until the prosciutto is browned. It’s done when the fish is flaky and opaque.
- Stick your face in it.