For about a week straight, pretty much the only thing my roommate said to me was, “I want wings”. So I gave them to her, and low-fat at that.
Denis Leary Chicken Wings
serves 2 / adapted from this recipe / 7 ww pts for 4 wings & 2 tbsp sauce
Note that these have to marinate for a few hours…
Here’s what I used:
For the chicken:
- 8 chicken wings (my package said “wingettes”, not sure what that means though)
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- dash of cayenne pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced or grated
- 1/2 tsp salt & pepper
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- lemon zest from 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 cups whole wheat breadcrumbs (I made homemade from 1 1/2 slices whole wheat bread pulsed in a food processor)
For the dipping sauce:
- 1/2 cup 0% greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- lemon zest from 1/4 lemon
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice
- splash Worcestershire
Here’s what I did:
- Combine the first 8 ingredients (through lemon zest) in a large bowl, and whisk until combined. Pour over wings, transfer to a zip-top plastic bag, and marinate in the refrigerator for 1–4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Line a baking pan with foil. Spray foil with cooking spray; set aside.
- Mix together Parmesan, parsley, and breadcrumbs in a shallow dish. Dip each wing in the breadcrumb mixture to fully coat. Put the wings on the baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, then turn and cook for 10 more minutes on the other side.
- While wings are baking, combine dip ingredients in a small bowl. Stick your face in it.