I am in love with Kashi Honey Sunshine cereal. It tastes very much like Cap’n Crunch, it’s crazy good for you, and the name is adorable. I had it for breakfast this morning and needed to find another way to use it today stat. This is definitely my kind of “baking”… Step 1: Melt stuff & stir. Step 2: Cool & cut. Behold Crispy Cereal Bars! These bars are AMAZING and redonculously fibertastic.
Crispy Cereal Bars
serves 12 / 1 ww pt
Here’s what I used:
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp agave nectar (or honey)
- 1 1/2 cups Kashi Honey Sunshine Cereal
- 1 1/2 cups General Mills Fiber One Original Cereal
- 2 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Here’s what I did:
- Coat an 8×8″ pan with butter flavored or canola cooking spray and set aside.
- Heat oil, butter, and agave in a large saucepan over low heat until butter melts.
- Add marshmallows and stir frequently until it thins out.
- Add in cereals and stir it all together.
- Using a spatula coated with cooking spray, spread the mixture into the prepared pan, pressing down to fill pan. Quickly sprinkle chocolate chips evenly on top and press them in with spatula. Cool and cut into 12 squares.