Round two of homemade pizza night. I was a little willy-nilly with the mozzarella in my first recipe, so this one is a blend of cheeses that I had in my fridge. I think this pizza was my favorite of the two, but just by a hair and largely because there is BACON involved.
Here’s what I used:
- whole wheat pizza dough (recipe here)
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce (recipe here)
- 1/2 cup shredded asiago cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella
- 1/2 cup parmigiano reggiano
- 1/2 cup hormel real bacon pieces (love this stuff!!)
- 4 part-skim mozzarella string cheese
- salt, pepper
Here’s what I did:
- Preheat oven and pizza stone to 425.
- Roll out the dough and place on the preheated pizza stone. Lay the string cheese around the edge of the dough and fold and crimp it over to make a crust.
- Spoon a thin layer of pizza sauce and then top with cheeses and bacon.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes and eat it.