I took a few liberties with this recipe…namely swapping out the real baby carrots (as in young carrots from an actual garden) for a 1 pound bag of frozen carrots that have been perfectly shaped into carrot-shaped nubs. I usually shy away from these carrots because overly-handled food freaks me out a little, but I just had a craving. These hit the spot.
Baby Carrots with Ginger Lime Butter
Recipe by Just the Tip / Inspired by The Go Lightly Gourmet
Here’s what I used:
- 4 cloves of garlic, grated or minced
- 1 pound of frozen baby carrots
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger, grated or minced
- 1 tablespoon of fresh cilantro, chopped
- zest from 1/2 of a lime
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice (I used 1/2 of a very juicy lime)
- pinch kosher salt
Here’s what I did:
- Cook the carrots according to the bag directions (I microwaved…)
- Melt the butter in a large saute pan. Add the garlic and ginger and saute for about 1 mintue.
- Add the carrots, lime juice, lime zest, and salt. Saute for a minute or so. Take off the heat, toss around the cilantro, and stick your face in it.