Smooshed Potatoes with Lemon and Herbs
Serves 4 / adapted from giada de laurentiis
Here’s what I used:
- 1 pound baby red potatoes
- olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- juice from 1 lemon
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
Here’s what I did:
- Put the potatoes in enough water to completely cover them and bring them to a boil. Boil for 20-25 minutes until tender and drain. Leave in the colander for at least 5 minutes. Using the palm of your hand (or the back of a large spoon), gently smoosh the potatoes. Make sure not to go too crazy here or they will fall apart when you fry them.Potato graveyard!
- Heat a couple tbsp olive oil in a large, nonstick skillet over low heat. Add the smashed cloves of garlic and let the garlic steep in the oil for about 10 minutes. Throw out the garlic, and bring the oil up to medium-high heat.
- Fry the potatoes for 5-8 minutes on both sides until they’re golden brown.
- Sprinkle with the salt, lemon juice, zest, thyme, chives and a dash more olive oil. Stir gently and stick your face in it.