I had no intention of making this today, but I found myself with some extra time and extra ingredients and the desire to laze around the house and cook. I’m so glad I did. This is a bit of a quiche/tart/frittata idea, and it’s delicious. The pancetta definitely makes this dish, so don’t skip that. To be perfectly honest, I wasn’t thrilledwith the crust, so next time I’d try this one instead.
Mushroom and Pancetta Tart
serves 8 / adapted from shelterrific
Here’s what I used:
- 1 cooked pie crust (or store bought, if you prefer)
- 16 oz baby bella mushrooms
- 4 oz pancetta, diced
- 1/4 large onion, diced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2 good pinches of herbes de provence
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup fat free half and half
- 1/4 cup 0% greek yogurt
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
Here’s what I did:
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Brown pancetta in large skillet over medium heat. Remove from pan when done and transfer to paper towels to drain, leaving the fat in the pan.
- Add onion, garlic, and mushrooms to the same pan; sauté until soft, seasoning with herbes de provence, salt and pepper at the end of cooking.
- Spread evenly inside crust and sprinkle pancetta over the top. If using store-bought dough, you’ll want to put that in a pie plate and cook that ahead of time in a 450 oven for 8 minutes or so first.
- In a bowl, whisk together half and half, greek yogurt, eggs, parsley, and some salt and pepper. Gently pour mixture evenly over mushroom filling, taking care not to overfill the tart (you may have some extra liquid).
- Bake 30 minutes or until center is set completely. Let cool for a few minutes and serve (or serve at room temperature). Garnish with parmesan cheese.