Another yummy accident. These were techincally supposed to be bars, but for some reason they didn’t set up for me when I try to cut them. Either way, this is probably the best crumble I’ve ever had. You can use whatever berries you like (the original recipe used strawberry jam and blueberries only).
Berry Oat Crumble
adapted from jenny mac’s lip smack
Here’s what I used:
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- handful blackberries (1 cup)
- handful of tiny blueberries (frozen then thawed) (1 cup)
- 1 12-oz jar of red raspberry preserves (with seeds) (1 cup)
- 1 tbsp water
- 3/4 cup margarine, melted
- 2 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
Here’s what I did:
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, cake mix, and melted margarine so that it makes nice clumps and there is no dry mix left.
- Press 1/2 of the oats mixture evenly into the bottom the prepared pan.
- In a separate bowl, mix raspberry preserves with water, and spread over the crust.
- Sprinkle the blueberries and blackberries over the preserves.
- Mix the nuts with the remaining oat mixture and sprinkle evenly over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until the top is lightly browned.