Kale and Chickpea Saute
Recipe by Just the Tip / Inspired by live to eat
Here’s what I used:
- 1 head of kale
- 1 can of chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 lemon
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 3 shallots, minced
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
Here’s what I did:
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- In a large non-stick pan, heat the olive oil and saute the shallots and garlic till soft.
- Add salt and the chickpeas and saute till the chickpeas turn golden and crusty, about 10 minutes.
- Add the red pepper flakes and mix well. Add the kale and saute for 2-3 minutes until wilted.
- Remove from the heat and add the lemon zest and lemon juice and mix well. Season with more salt if needed. Serve warm or at room temperature.