Veggie Pie with Cheesy Zucchini Crust
Recipe by Just the Tip / Inspired by for the love of cooking
Here’s what I used:
4 zucchini, shredded on a box grater and drained really, really well. Squeeze it!
2 cups of mozzarella, divided
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 4 oz ish of mushrooms, sliced
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, shredded (or 1/3 cup grated)
- 8 ish basil leaves, chopped
- 1 or 2 pinches herbes de provence
- salt and pepper
Here’s what I did:
- Preheat the oven to 450. Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray (can also be made in a couple of pie dishes).
- Mix the eggs with the zucchini and 3/4 of the mozzarella. Spread into a layer along the bottom and sides of the casserole dish.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes until it becomes slightly browned.
- Reduce the heat to 400. Layer in the veggies, starting with the green pepper, then mushrooms, scallions, tomatoes, basil. Season with salt and pepper and top with the parmesan and remaining mozzarella. Sprikle the herbes de provence on top too.
- Bake for 25 minutes, uncovered. Let sit for 5 minutes or so before cutting.