I just bought another ginormous tub o’ crabmeat at Costco (if Costco were a person, I’d marry it). Expect to see a couple of crab recipes coming up, as I love it, and have a TON of it. Anyway, this is a super easy and relatively healthy recipe from one of my favorite cookbooks, Now Eat This by Rocco Dispirito. It was intended in the book to be an appetizer (and would make a lovely one using smaller mushrooms), but I decided to bump it up a little to make it suitable for lunch.
Crab and Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms
Serves 2 for lunch
Recipe by Just the Tip / Inspired by Now Eat This!
Here’s what I used:
- 4 small/medium portobello mushroom caps (stems removed, but no need to remove the gills)
- 6-8 oz lump crab meat
- 3 tbsp minced chives
- 2 tbsp real bacon pieces (hormel…comes in a jar…surprisingly yum)
- 1/3 cup light mayo (or regular)
- 1/4 cup whole wheat panko
- salt and pepper
- cooking spray
Here’s what I did:
- Preheat the oven to 450. Line a baking sheet with tin foil, spray with cooking spray. Place the mushrooms, gill-side up, on the baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes.
- While that’s happening, mix the filling. In a medium bowl, stir together the crab, mayo, bacon, chives, and panko. Season with S&P to taste.
- Fill the mushrooms with the crab mixture and bake for about 15 minutes until the top starts to brown. Yum.