I bought a big back of these adorable mini peppers at mecca/costco the other day (Brian will tell you it’s because I couldn’t resist the mini pepper cartoon guy on the package, but don’t listen to him) Anyway, I also happened to buy a 50lb log of goat cheese (slight exaggeration) and thought these would make a delectable little snack. I was right. I mixed the goat cheese with basil as I had a gigantic bushel from my CSA this week…any other fresh herbs would be fantastic too.
Goat Cheese Stuffed Mini Peppers
Recipe by Just the Tip / inspired from this recipe
Here’s what I used:
- mini bell peppers (I made about 15)
- goat cheese (8 oz to fill 15 peppers)
- fresh basil, chopped (could use chives, tarragon, etc.)
- salt, pepper
Here’s what I did:
- Preheat oven to 350. Slice a thin layer of one of the “cheeks” of each pepper to expose the innards. Scoop the guts out, leaving the stem in tact.
- Mix the goat cheese with your herbs of choice. Season with salt and pepper and stuff inside of a ziploc bag.
- Snip the tip of the bag and pipe the cheese mixture into each pepper. Bake for 10 minutes or so until the cheese is heated through.
- Try not to eat them all.
These make a fantastic appetizer, but I served them with these yum salmon burgers that I topped with arugula and avocado, all from mecca (costco).