I was drawn this recipe for many reasons, namely because I LOVE EGGS and egg products. Also, this uses almond meal, which I have a ton of from Trader Joe’s that I never seem to use. I made a sixer of these and intend on having one each day for breakfast (I like them at room temp.) and making more to bring to the Cape this weekend for the loooooong weekend with my family and my man. These breakfast muffins are delicious, and can really be eaten for breakfast or a light lunch with a salad. My one complaint: I wish they contained more vegetables. That’s my next mission.
Eggy Breakfast Muffins
Recipe by Just the Tip / Inspired by kalyn’s kitchen
Here’s what I used:
- 2/3 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2/3 cup almond meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup diced lean ham steak
- 1/2 cup 50% reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 tbsp chives (or scallions)
Here’s what I did:
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, cottage cheese, parmesan, whole wheat flour, almond meal, baking powder, salt, and water. Mix until well combined, then gently stir in ham, cheddar, and chives.
- Spray a muffin tin (I used crappy disposable tin ones) with non-stick spray. Divide the batter equally in each of the muffin cups.
- Bake muffins 30 minutes or until lightly browned on top and set. Gently remove from the tin and allow to cool slightly.