OMG this dish is amazing! And, I can’t believe I’m actually going to say this, but I think you could get away with less cheese (or more squash). I can’t wait to get a boatload more squash at tomorrow’s CSA pick up so I can make this again immediately.
Summer Squash with Walnuts and Asiago
Recipe by Just the Tip / Inspired by South Beach Diet via Prevention
Here’s what I used:
- 1 medium yellow squash, sliced into 3 strips
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced into 3 strips
- 2 tsp tbutter
- 2 large cloves garlic, grated or minced
- 2 tbsp chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 1/2 oz shredded asiago (about 1/3 cup)
Here’s what I did:
- In a large saute pan, melt the margarine over medium heat. Cook the garlic in the margarine for a minute or two, stirring constantly.
- Lay the zucchini and squash into the pan, season with salt and pepper, and add the chicken broth. Let come to a simmer, cover with a tight-fitting lid, and cook for about 6 minutes until the squash and zucchini are cooked through.
- Plate the veg and top with cheese and nuts. OMG!