That is a bold statement, I know, but from the moment I unwrapped the package and smelled these spicy, fragrant little weenies, I was in love. This dish is impossibly easy, absolutely delicious, and will put a smile on your face. I promise.
Merguez Sausage with Halloumi and Roasted Red Peppers
Recipe by Just the Tip / Inspired by Nigella Lawson
Here’s what I used:
- 8 links of merguez lamb sausage (a little more than 1/2 lb) (purchased at Savenor’s Market in “Dali Sq.”)
- 1 8-oz block of halloumi cheese
- 1 12-oz jar roasted red peppers
- garlic powder
Here’s what I did:
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Slice the cheese into thin-ish slices and scatter on a baking tray that’s been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Scatter the sausage on top of the cheese. Do the same with the roasted red peppers, that you’ve torn into strips with your hands.
- Sprinkle with a little garlic powder and roast for 15-20 minutes.
- Thank me.