Squash Ribbon Salad with Goat Cheese and Pine Nuts
Recipe by Just the Tip / Inspired by Emeril Lagasse
Here’s what I used:
- 2 medium yellow squash
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 tbsp champagne vinegar
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup julienned fresh mint
- 2 tbsp julienned fresh basil
- 1 tbsp minced fresh chives
- salt and pepper
- 3 ounces fresh goat cheese (best at room temp.), crumbled
- 2 tbsp pine nuts, lightly toasted
Here’s what I did:
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. While that’s happening, thinly slice the squashes (I used a mandoline, but it can be done with a steady hand a sharp knife, too).
- When the water’s up to a boil, salt it, and add the squash. After a minute and a half, drain and allow to cool completely.
- For the vinaigrette, mix the olive oil and the vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the squash in the vinaigrette, crumble the soft goat cheese over top, and toss on the nuts and the herbs. Serve immediately.