I was seriously craving the yummy bitterness of broccoli rabe today, but could not bring myself to blanch it first, which generally makes the bitterness it a little more palatable. If it’s over 85 degrees out, I’m not boiling water unless pasta is going in it. This is a great one-pot method for broccoli rabe that is super easy and delicious.
Sauteed Broccoli Rabe with Garlic
Recipe by Just the Tip / Inspired by Astray
Here’s what I used:
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe, ends trimmed
- 4 large cloves of garlic, smashed
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup water
Here’s what I did:
- In a large soup pot or dutch oven, head olive oil over low heat. Add the smashed garlic cloves and a red pepper flakes and let mellow in the oil for about 10 minutes, tossing around occasionally.
- Add the broccoli rabe and toss around. Once wilted (a couple of minutes), season with salt and pepper, and add the water. Cook for another 5 minutes or so, and serve (with any remaining water in the pot), with a slight drizzle of olive oil on top. Serve with crusty bread and eat it up.