Farfalle with Zucchini and Egg
Serves 2 with leftovers
Recipe by Just the Tip / Inspired by I Loved, I Lost, I Made Spaghetti
Here’s what I used:
- 1/2 pound Barilla Plus farfalle
- 2 eggs
- 2 heaping tbsp freshly grated parmigiano, plus extra for serving
- 1 tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 yellow squash, quartered and cut into chunks
- 1 zucchini, quartered and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
Here’s what I did:
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Beat the eggs in a small bowl and add the parmigiano. Set aside.
- In a medium saute pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until tender. Add zucchini, squash, and salt to the onions and cook until soft, about 15-20 minutes.
- Season the pasta water generously with salt and cook the farfalle until package directions. When done, add to the cooked zucchini mixture.
- Remove from heat, add the eggs, and stir to combine in the pasta and allow to gently cook from the heat of the pan. Garnish with plenty of black pepper and parmigiano. Eat it.