Because my bachelorette meal was so darn healthy, I decided to fat it up a bit. I have had this recipe in my “naughty recipe file” ever since I saw it on giada’s show a year ago. Tonight, it happened. And it was incredible. The gooey, cheesy topping is a great counterpart to the crispy bread. Eat this!
Crostini with Cheddar Scallion Butter
Recipe by Just the Tip / Inspired by Giada De Laurentiis
Here’s what I used:
- 1 small ciabatta loaf (I like Iggy’s), cut in half lengthwise
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 oz (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Here’s what I did:
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- In a food processor, combine the cheese and butter and process until the mixture is smooth. Add the scallions and garlic and pulse until combined.
- Spread the cheese mixture on the cut sides of the bread. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes until golden.
- Using a serrated knife, cut the bread into 1-inch thick slices and serve.