So, even though this has BACON and CHEESE, I wasn’t wildly excited about this meal. Until I ate the first bite. Then, then I was in love. Bacon and Feta Stuffed Oregano Chicken
Recipe by Just the Tip / Inspired by allrecipes
Here’s what I used:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 4 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 4 slices feta cheese
- 4-6 slices center-cut bacon, fried and drained
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a small bowl combine the oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Whisk together and pour into a large ziploc bag. Add the chicken to the marinade and stick in in the fridge for 1/2-1 hr.
- When you’re ready to cook, let the chicken sit on the counter to come to room temp (15-20 minutes would be good, 1/2 hour if you have the time).
- Cut a slit in each chicken breast and stuff each chicken breast with 1 slice feta cheese and 1 slice bacon. Secure open sides with toothpicks.
- Preheat 1 tbsp olive oil in an oven-safe saute pan over medium-high heat. Sear on each side for 2-3 minutes until browned and put the pan in the oven. Bake for about 25 minutes, until cooked through. Let rest under foil for 5 minutes before serving.