This meal was so delicious. I love the sweet figs, stinky cheese, peppery arugula, crispy pancetta all together. Add in the tarragon, and this is a really special combination. YUM.
Chicken Paillard with Figs, Gorgonzola, and Pancetta Salad
Recipe by Just the Tip / Inspired by Tyler’s Ultimate
Here’s what I used:
kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 oz sliced pancetta
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 oz gorgonzola cheese, broken into
- 1 bunch of arugula, trimmed
- 10 fresh figs, halved
tarragon leaves, for garnish
For the vinaigrette:
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- juice of 1/2 large lemon
- 1/2 tsp chopped fresh tarragon
Here’s what I did:
- Whisk all of the vinaigrette ingredients together and set aside. Taste for seasoning.
- Either butterfly the chicken breasts or pound them out until very thin. Season both sides with salt and pepper and let sit at room temp while you prepare the pancetta.
- In a large saute pan, cook the pancetta over medium-high heat until crisped. Drain on a paper towel.
- Heat the pancetta drippings along with another 2 tsp of olive oil. Cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side and remove to a plate. You will probably have to cook the chicken one paillard at a time.
- While the cooked chicken is resting, add the vinaigrette to the pan to deglaze, using a wooden spoon to scrape up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- To serve, place a piece of chicken on a plate. Arrange some arugula, cheese, figs, and panceta over the chicken and dress with some of the warm vinaigrette. Garnish with tarragon leaves and serve.