Biscuit & Egg Cups
Recipe by Just the Tip / Inspired by The Family Kitchen
Here’s what I used:
- 1 tube refrigerated biscuit dough (I like the kind from Trader Joe’s)
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup Hormel real bacon bits
- 1/2 cup 50% reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- diced scallions
- salt & pepper to taste
- hot sauce
Here’s what I did:
- Preheat the oven to 400. Lightly spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Flatten and slightly stretch each biscuit so it’s large enough to be pressed into the muffin tin. Make sure to press the biscuit all the way up the sides of each muffin cup so that there’s room for the egg without spillage.
- Crack an egg into each biscuit and sprinkle with salt and pepper
See how pretty and golden the eggs on the bottom are? They’re Land O’ Lakes eggs — the yolks are way better, at least in color, than other brands out there…
- Sprinkle on the cheddar.
- Then the bacon…
- And scallions…
- Sprinkle on a little hot sauce, to taste, and bake for 18-20 minutes. Start checking it at the 13-15 minute mark, as I think my oven might be a bit off. When the whites are set, you’re good.