Recipe by Just the Tip
Here’s what I used:
- 1 store-bought pie crust
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free half and half (or cream)
- 3/4 cup shredded swiss/gruyere mix (or just one or the other), divided
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 6 oz ham steak, cubed
- few grates of fresh nutmeg
- healthy pinch of salt
- pinch of cayenne pepper
Here’s what I did:
- Preheat the oven to 350. Saute the onions in olive oil over medium heat until soft, about 8 minutes.
- Whisk the eggs, half and half, salt, nutmeg, and cayenne together in a medium bowl.
- Lay the pie crust in a 9″ pie dish. Layer in 1/2 cup of shredded cheese, then the ham, onions, and remaining 1/4 cup of cheese on top.
- Pour the egg mixture over top.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes until the center is set. Cool for 30 minutes and eat it. I prefer to chill it in the fridge and eat it cold, Brian prefers it warm. Eat it how you like!