Peanut Butter Banana Bread
Just the Tip / Inspired by Cooking Light
Here’s what I used:
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (3 bananas)
- 1/3 cup plain fat-free greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup ground flax
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tbsp chopped dry-roasted peanuts
For the frosting:
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp fat free half and half (or milk)
- 1 tbsp creamy peanut butter
Here’s what I did:
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, combine the mashed banana, yogurt, peanut butter, melted butter, and eggs with an electric mixer. Add white and brown sugars; beat until blended.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, flax, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and allspice. Add flour mixture to banana mixture; beat just until blended. Stir in nuts.
- Pour batter into a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven; cool on a wire rack for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare frosting. Combine powdered sugar, half and half, and 1 tablespoon peanut butter in a small bowl, stirring with a rubber spatula. Spread glaze over bread.