I think I might love….
brussels sprouts. A couple of weeks ago you couldn’t have gotten me to touch a brussels sprout. But now? Amazing. Serving it with my second favorite food of the moment (polenta) doesn’t hurt, either.
Roasted Brussels over Polenta with Pancetta
Recipe by Just the Tip / Brussels adapted from Gourmet via Epicurious
Here’s what I used:
For the polenta:
- 2 1/2 cups half and half or milk
- 2 cups chicken broth (or water)
- 1 cup polenta/corn meal
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup grated parmigiano reggiano
- 2 tbsp butter
- salt, pepper
For the brussels:
- 2 lb brussels sprouts, stems trimmed and discarded, halved
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 oz diced pancetta
- olive oil
- salt, pepper
Here’s what I did:
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- In a large sauce pan, bring the half and half, chicken broth, and pinch of salt up to a boil. Slowly sprinkle in the polenta, whisking. Once the polenta has been added, switch to a wood spoon, and stir until it has incorporated with the liquid. Reduce the heat to a simmer, cover the pan halfway, and cook for 45 minutes. Continue stirring with the wooden spoon every 5-10 minutes.
- Add the brussels sprouts, garlic, pancetta to a 9×13 baking dish. Drizzle over a little olive oil, then salt and pepper.
- Toss to coat and roast for 25 minutes. Toss half-way through. When cooked, remove from the oven and turn on the broiler. Broil for a minute or so until the brussels are nice and browned.
- For the polenta, after 45 minutes, add the cheese, butter, and greek yogurt. Take off the heat and stir until creamy.
- Serve the brussels over the polenta. OMG eat it all.