Italian Breaded Steak
Recipe by Just the Tip / Inspired by Providenza “Nancy” Aluia
Here’s what I used:
- 1 1/2 cups italian seasoned breadcrumbs for dredging (of course my nana would use fresh breadcrumbs, but these work ok too)
- olive oil for dredging
- 1 large clove garlic
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup grated parm
- 1 1/2 lbs sirloin tip steak, trimmed of any visible fat
- salt, pepper
Here’s what I did:
- Preheat the broiler.
- Pour some olive oil (1/4 – 1/2 cup) in a small dish. Put your breadcrumbs in a separate shallow dish, and grate the garlic over top. Sprinkle in the parsley, parm, and using a fork, mash it all together. Set aside.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper on all sides. Dip each piece of steak in the olive oil and then in the breadcrumbs, coating completely.
- Place on a broiler pan and broil, closest to the heating element, for 5 minutes on each side. Allow to rest under a foil tent for 5 minutes before serving.